Jesus cares about kids – and so do we!
On Sunday mornings we have a brief break in the service before the children head out to Valley Kids. Valley kids aims to be a fun-filled program involving craft, creative teaching, music and games. We have a great team of skilled and dedicated children’s workers who seek to share Jesus with kids in a way that is fun and engaging.
Valley Kids now offers programs for six different age levels each Sunday morning.
- Creche – for the babies and toddlers
- Discoverers – for preschool (please pack some snacks for your child)
- Explorers – years Prep-1
- Adventurers – years 2-3
- Navigators – years 4-5
- Trailblazers – youth, years 6-8
Keeping our Kids Safe
At Valley we care deeply about the safety of our kids. We have a safe church officer who works with the staff team and ministry teams to ensure standards of child safety are upheld.
All of our staff and volunteers go through a training and vetting process before they are able to take on a role of serving in a ministry involving minors. This process includes:
- acquiring a Working With Children Card
- registering with the Safe Church Unit (the statewide body of that upholds ministry standards in the Presbyterian Church of Victoria)
- applying to register with the Safe Church unit as a children or youth worker (this involves an application form, interview and the following up of referees)
- initial and ongoing training through the safe church unit.
If you are concerned about the safety of a particular child or the safety standards of one of our ministries, you can raise this with the relevant team leader; the safe church coordinator Mrs. L. Fortmann; one of our pastors; or with the Safe Church Officer Fiona Bligh 0499 090 449.